Vital Records include Birth Certificates, Death Certificates and Marriage Licenses. Download the application to the left to get started with your request. You can also download the application to request a Military Discharge Record (DD-214).
There is a $5.00 fee for each vital record requested. Please make check or money order payable to Pocahontas County Clerk.
You must submit a copy of one (1) form of identification from the following list.
The acceptable documents listed may change without prior notice.
- Photo Drivers License issued by US DMV office – unexpired or expired for not more than one year
- Photo Learners/Instruction Permit issue by US DMV office -unexpired or expired for not more than one year
- Photo Identification Card issued by US DMV Office – unexpired or expired for not more than one year
- Current Photo Identification Card – (school, employment). Check Cashing Cards are not acceptable
- Military Card – unexpired – active duty or retired member
- U.S. Passport – unexpired